A smart watch is like a smart phone capable of working interlinked with your smart phone; it is indeed a wearable device on the wrist that allow its users to interact with their smartphones working as an additional interface. Apart from displaying time, a smart watch is expected some other activities like
- · Capable of displaying smartphone notifications
- · Having ability to control a smartphone distantly,
- · Capable of displaying track fitness and certain gesture linked activity features.
However several smart watches are available in market and some more models are expected to be introduced very soon. Here we have mentioned pros and cons of 10 most popular smart watches: you can use the reviews as your ready reckoner for purchasing the best suitable smart watch for you.
Pebble is indeed the first serious success model of smart watch. The primary aim was to create a watch that can integrate smartphone actions and interact with the apps you will download. With attractive features like potential hardware, easy integration with iOS or Android, and excellent apps friendliness, the smart watch has grabbed the attention of its users.
· Pros: The lean design, downloadable apps’ friendliness, standalone timekeeping, and multiple watch faces are some of the stunning features of this smart watch.
· Cons: limited features available now, irregular battery life, plastic look, no battery indicator, notifications are a bit confusing especially between android and iOS.
Sony Smart watch
Looking smart, android compatible, his techy ticker possesses a bunch of features and functionality. The best part of this flashy gizmo is despite its several techy features it looks like a watch.
Pros: with stylish and sleek look Sony smart watch offers multiple wireless functional notifications, music control, and call handling by Bluetooth and smartphone connectivity. It’s easier to handle and does not look like a cantankerous gizmo.
· Cons: This smart watch needs an Android smart phone support for getting activated; its non-compatibility with iOS is indeed a hindrance. It needs regular charging and it is difficult to read against sunlight.
Unlike iPod Nano with a wrist band and Nike’s Fuel band this smart watch does not have additional value added features. However it is easy to operate and it is extremely stunning in look.
· Pros: Slimy throwback look of the watch with an additional attraction of analog flair, it looks quite handy and ultra-cool. This watch offers satisfactory battery life; it is easy to synchronize with basic speakerphone calls or with Siri requests and the user can use it for filtering incoming calls as well as texts.
· Cons: It is not water resistant, a bit overpriced than its market competitors, and Bluetooth speakers are not handy enough as they are a bit tough to operate amidst noise open-air surroundings.
This smart watch looks somehow a bit chunky with its .75 inches thickness; however, its big dial, clearly visible markings and square shape looks attractive. This smart watch is available in different colors like blue, green, orange, and obviously with black color and screen. Presently, it is the most feature loaded smart watch manufactured by Meta watch Ltd.
· Pros: The watch is handy enough with user friendly features like it delivers smart phone notifications to your wrist for quick access, watch face can be set customized, etc.
· Cons: its thickness makes the look clumsy, button functions are not clear enough, viewing angle is not that sharp, and presently suffering from restricted Android compatibility.
Citizen's Eco-Drive Proximity
The best part of this smart watch is its exact resemblance to a watch and it has great battery time to offer for its users. It runs on solar energy therefore users can be worry free bout recharging the battery.
· Pros: The advantages are like great design, runs on solar power, wirelessly connected to iOS platform, and compatible for setting alerts for email, calendar events, calls, and it can be synchronized with date and time.
· Cons: Its price and functionality is compromised in many aspects.
Cookoo watch is well designed and it offers a reasonable battery life; however, it lacks a few features expected from the small watch and over all from a smart watch.
· Pros: Long battery life, awesome design, and proximity alert.
· Cons: no facility for displaying message information, and there is a tendency of getting disconnected from smartphone for some unknown reason.
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Samsung Galaxy Gear looks attractive, and like all Samsung products offers good user friendly functionality in budget price than its other competitors.
Pros: This Samsung child looks attractive enough. It’s functional as well. Enough users friendly, it is extremely easy to track incoming calls and other alerts.
Cons: The setting lacks email alert and social networking sties’ compatibility as well as its voice control features are not at par.
Meta watch Frame is a 3-ATM water resistant Smartwatchintended to complement your smartphone for offering you excellent “hand’s freedom”. This smart watch supports a dual-mode Bluetooth connection to iPhone 4s, as well as with Android smartphone, users can read messages, as well as can track incoming calls. In addition to it allows control music, watch weather, and lot more, everything from the wrist.
· Pros: it’s customizable in a better way and all notifications can be tracked.
· Cons: limited email support and limited developer support on iPhone.
Toq by QUALCOMM
This smart watch is yet to arrive in market so there are lots of apprehensions about the watch. What the ideas are gathered from its official website that it has no off/on switch because it never goes off comes with mirasol display, and lots of unique functionality.
· Pros: Extremely energy efficient for least power consumption, excellent visibility, and ultra-fast response time.
· Cons: interface is a bit complicated and it is not water resistant.
Perhaps one of the most awaited smartwatchis Apple’s Iwatch. Nobody exactly had known how it will be like although there are hypes in the market about its tentative pros and cons.
· Pros: excellent internet access facility via music, podcast, video, and pictures, simple use, sleek design and global famous brand power.
· Cons: Limited web access and it is a bit complicated to use.
With these 10 ultra-cool brand smart watches review, your choice for smartwatch will surely a bit easier for sure.
Technorati Token: Y2UPQMX7YSKG
Instagram is an instant way to share happy moments with friends and family via mobile. You can snap a picture, create a video, and by using filter by changing its look you can post it in instagram to present it in front of the world. In fact, it is a unique way to enjoy the world and friends’ association and it’s free.
After Microsoft’s undertaking of Nokia now it has been announced by the company that windows phones are coming with instagram pre-installed in them. Right now there are 150 million active users of Instagram. Instagram was previously on iOS since 2010, as well as in Android since 2012, and now windows phones are also joining the bandwagon. However till yet Nokia has not disclosed under what features the Windows Phone Instagram app will get included.
The entrance of Instagram fills the major app lacking gap in Windows Phone, and figuratively at least finalizes its locus as the 3rd choice of mobile platform — for app developers the responsibility is to address as well as for consumers to assume. Windows Phone comes, however, as a very far aloof 3rd in the smartphone OS rankings.
As per Nokia strategy, clearly the company’s aim is to bring unique and hot apps to the platform of Windows Phones. Nokia is paying high level of respect for Instagram and this company has already started work in that course strategically with Microsoft as well as with apps like Hipstamatic to share its unique capability for sharing unique moments on Instagram.
Now it’s time finally to say goodbye to the 3rd-party Instagram apps: the widespread photo sharing podium is ultimately coming to Windows Phone. Kevin Systrom, the Instagram CEO has confirmed the news on availability of Instagram on Windows phones at Nokia’s Lumia-focused press meet in Abu Dhabi.
Apple blends quality and style to beat the Smartphone competitors
Though Apple maintains the business strategy of keeping all news on their about-to-arrive gadget hushed up, we managed to penetrate the layer of mystery surrounding iPhone6 and see what we have brought for you. As we all know, talks about iPhone6 begun as soon as iPhone5 was launched.
Well, now the rumour has spread enough to make people believe that iPhone6 is going to be a bigger, thinner, smarter and surprisingly cheaper one in the iPhone series. iPhone6 is going to carry within it’s heart the new operating system iOS7. The rumour says about two new and exciting features -- that it will have “smart bezel” for displaying information around the screen and highly active sonar sensor. But you have to hold your breath till 2014 for this would-be perfect iphone child.
So, What’s New in iPhone6?
The Dazzling Display:
Apple iPhone6 will outwardly look like our very own iphone5 but do not get misled by its dubious look for it is a renewed version of its predecessor. Johnny Plaid, the innovative graphic designer has furnished it with an edge-to-edge style which means without even increasing the size of the phone Apple is getting a larger screen and the subtle change can be felt through the eyes though the hand may not accept it. It’s a really amazing concept of utilizing the existing space and redesigning the whole thing for a greater display. I know that you all prefer a big screen for smartphones. So, this one is going to sweep you off your feet with its style. It will be a flexible wrap around AMOLED display invented to beat over Sony Xperies or Samsung Galaxy.
If you have previously thought that Apple is somehow lagging behind in the matter of a smart display in smartphone, this time they bet that you are going to change your opinion once your eyes meet with the sensational iphone6. With the unfolding mechanism the double in size 3D display can be unrolled. It’s thinner than iPhone5 and it will be a comfort on your palm.
If you surf through the internet you will come across a good many videos and images featuring the upcoming qualities and upgraded hardware of the iPhone6 among which a Retina 2 and a REALD layered display is the most talked about features.
Eye tracking system has already furnished Samsung Galaxy and this time it is introduced with the iPhones. The “Home” button is replaced with sensors at the bottom with multi-touch gestures.
You can use the area at the left and right sides of the “Home” button while using multiple apps or customize the functions as required. Apparently, it seems iPhone6 is going to be more user friendly device. In addition it is expected to have a MagSafe iPhone charger.
iPhone6 will have an increased almost unlimited storage space (128 GB) so that you can store as many as you wish and a 12 MP 3D camera designed to bowl over camera specialists Nokia 920 or HTC One.
Sounds impressive? Well, let’s keep the fingers crossed. However, Plaid has also chalked out the design for iPhone Mini. But iPhone5 actually failed to bring all that it promised and we can only hope that this time Apple brings for iPhone lovers a real magic all-in-one gadget in affordable price.